Tuesday, February 25, 2014

Transfer Center Trip

Your Humble Blogger received the following email from Transfer Center Director Kevin Meza...

Hello all,

It’s that time again! I am pleased to announce that we have secured funding (thank you ASGCC) and will be going on the Northern California College tours during spring break (April 15-18). Based upon student interest we will continue to visit UC Berkeley, UC Santa Cruz, UC Davis, and UC Santa Barbara. The trip will include admissions presentations, college tours, student panels (featuring former GCC students), and sightseeing in San Francisco.

The fee for students is $25 (includes transportation and housing). Students are responsible for their own meals (and therapy after hearing me sing on the bus). Students can either visit us in the Transfer Center (SR building, second floor) or download the application from our website:

http://glendale.edu/index.aspx?page=2109&recordid=4235&returnURL=%2findex.aspx%3fpage%3d150

Here are some quotes from our student evaluations:

“I loved the trip! I’ve meet new people I would have probably never talked to, and had the chance to see/meet/talk to students who transferred to my school of choice. I feel that there was the perfect balance of freedom and program curriculum.”

“I’m the first college student in my family, so being exposed to all these schools is something I wouldn’t have been able to do.” “Berkeley Rocks! It’s like Venice Beach, but with more culture.”

“How to improve the trip? Next year, let’s all go to Vegas!”

“After the icebreaker we all became one big happy family. Jana!”

“I thought Davis was going to be farm like, but it turned out to be my favorite campus.”

“Really glad I got to see San Francisco, it was great. The counselors made this a lot of fun and educational. It was quite an experience. I enjoyed all 4 campuses.”

“Kevin! You deserve a raise!” (That’s a real quote….Let’s use that as an opener during contract negotiations.)

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home