Wednesday, January 29, 2014

Is Glass Revolutionary, Or Just Revolting?

Google has spent considerable time and money making its wearable computer, Glass, ready for a general consumer rollout. Google's latest move has been to make the device work with prescription lenses and a variety of frames. But is it just too geeky to succeed?

Here's a video that introduces how Glass works. And here is an NPR story about what it is like to wear Glass around other people.

Questions...

•Is Glass too geeky to succeed?

•Is it more like an iPhone, which a lot of people want, or more like a Segway, which only a few people want?

•Who is most likely to buy Google Glass? Who is the target customer?

•Will people eventually get used to others wearing Glass?

•How might Glass be a bad thing for the wearer, or for others?

•Design a Glass app for the Getty Center.

Labels: , , , , , , ,

1 Comments:

Blogger Dena Darvish Derakhshan said...

I got my invitation last week and I really want to get it cause, yes, I'm a bit of an early adopter. I wouldn't care what other people thought. The product/service is what I could use to better my life and interests.

Google Glass is revolutionary. I want to have access to information without physically using my smartphone as much. Just with any product, once more people start using it, it will be accepted.

9:59 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home